Back in London Town.

Wednesday, 3 July 2013

So after a wonderful week at home with my family, I got back to the UK yesterday evening. I was kind of hoping for a deeply romantic reunion à la Love Actually at the airport, but Daniel and I had slight communication problems to start with and then my iMessage stopped working (cheers iphone). We did find each other eventually and I was more than happy to see him even without the dramatic classic airport reunion.

I actually had a pleasant flight back and met a lovely girl from LA who I chatted away too on the entire flight back which was a nice little change.

Anyway, now that I'm back, I don't have an excuse to eat lots of delicious but pretty unhealthy food (like during exams/our holiday/mum's birthday etc). I usually eat fairly healthy, but to make the transition back there easier, I thought it might be a good idea to have a one day juice cleanse/detox? I'm not sure I have the will to commit to a proper week long one or something, but according to Kris Carr, even one day can do your body really good, because it just gives it a break from having to digest and can use its energy to get rid of any nasties that don't do it any good!
So, I really like the sound of that in theory, but I know how I get when I'm hungry (like a different person, and not one you'd like to meet!), but I think I'll at least attempt anyway. Have you ever done a (one day) detox? Could you tell a difference? I'd genuinely love to hear what you think!
Just for the record, I'm not one for diets, I don't believe in them, I believe in listening to your body and questioning the reasons why you want to eat. I don't want to do this to loose weight, just to get my body back to normal, where I'm fairly good at being able to tell what it needs (at least that's what I like to think), so please do tell me your experiences/thoughts on this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment