The Wedding.

Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Last Saturday, Daniel's brother got married. We all had a wonderful day at a lovely venue, the bride was of course very beautiful and we ended up dancing until our feet would literally not carry us anymore (and that's after loosing our heels hours beforehand). I love weddings, there's just something really touching about two people sincerely promising each other to spend the rest of their lives together, in good as in bad times until death does them part. I'm aware of divorce rates, and I think it's sad, I think in a lot of cases it would help if people saw their relationship as an ongoing work in progress, but that's not something I want to discuss here (I already kind of talked about it here). At the moment, I just want to talk about how much it touches my heart when these eternal promises are made, which makes weddings so beautiful. Even the strangest wedding on "Don't tell the bride" get's a tear to my eye, and even in previous months, when I just thought of the upcoming wedding of two people I actually know well, I had my whole body covered in goosebumps. Emotional times.

The other reason why I like weddings, is because it's such a happy occasion, which usually means that the celebrations afterwards are joyous and fun. The whole venue is full of people who know and like each other (obviously with exceptions, but you know), which makes it so much easier to dance crazily all night long, to have fun conversations in between and just generally have a really good time.

One thing I learnt that isn't so friendly about a wedding however is: Ladies get very competitive over who catches the flower bouquet. I know I know, it's supposed to tell you who's getting married next, but come on people, do you really think your boyfriend seeing you elbow others out of the way for the flowers makes him more inclined to propose to you any time soon? I think not.

Anyway, back to my point. I had a really lovely time. It was my first ever wedding in the UK, and I think it's lovely to have bridesmaids and groomsmen, it just makes the whole thing seem even more fairytale like :).
People always say they wish the couple that it's the happiest day of their life, but I think it's nicer to see it as a beginning to a very happy life, for it to maybe be the most beautiful and happiest of all days so far, but for there to be many many happier days.



No comments:

Post a Comment