Waffle House

Sunday, 18 August 2013

So yesterday, I had planned to go to Mad Hatters Tea at the Sanderson with Daniel (my gift for our 3 year anniversary), but thanks to tfl (which just seems to hate me and have works on every single time I want to go into London on the weekend) it didn't happen, all trains that could have gotten us there somewhat on time were cancelled and replaced by buses, which somehow meant we couldn't even park there to take one of the buses and had to go back. I was pretty upset, I was really looking forward to going. But luckily, Daniel at least stayed positive and decided we should do something else, and proposed going to the Waffle House in St. Albans (there's one in Norfolk too). Very good idea indeed, I love that place. I knew it was a good idea right away, but once I once again tasted their chocolate milkshake, my happiness was definitely restored.
For mains we both opted for a waffle with humous, rocket, avocado and olives. Pretty damn tasty. But then dessert, I can't even describe this to you, you'll have to taste it if you're ever in the area, it's just about the best thing ever, Daniel even decided that if he had to choose his last ever meal, that it'd be that waffle: the infamous Banoffee waffle with extra vanilla ice-cream and their homemade chocolate sauce. So unbelievably tasty!

I had an absolutely perfect day in the end, after we indulged waffles and came back fully satisfied and sleepy, we just quickly made a cup of tea and snuggled up in bed watching frozen planet. Ideal saturday in my opinion. What have you been up to?

This is Daniel's 'please stop taking photos now, I need to eat this'







No comments:

Post a Comment