About having the best mum in the world

Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Mums are pretty great aren't they? I think I might actually have the best one, and what I like most about this statement is that it can be true for anyone, without being less true for anyone else. Everyone who's lucky enough to have a caring mum can have the best one, because it's the best one for them, because mums always know what their kids need.

My mum does anyway, and I wholeheartedly hope that you're blessed with a mum that's just right for you too, one that always knows when something is wrong, and how it can be fixed, just like mine :)
It was my birthday on Friday (23 isn't old yet right? But then, I'm not even kidding when I tell you that yesterday morning (Monday after) I looked in the mirror and for the first time ever noticed a wrinkle, coincidence much?). Mum had sent me a pretty huge parcel, which I was obviously very exited to open (which means I actually opened it at 6 o'clock in the morning, firstly because I'm a huge child and secondly because I had to leave for work soon after, and just couldn't leave it alone until 7 in the evening).
I apologise, the photo really doesn't do the box any justice, but I really wanted to share this present with you now ;)
Inside was very very carefully wrapped this First Aid Box filled with things to cheer me up when I'm down/not feeling very well. I already told you that I have this annoying tendency to worry too much and I also told you about having been ill for way too long (nothing major, just feeling coldy). Mum sent me this box, so I'd have lots of things that can cheer me up, put a smile on my face again and distract me from feeling ill, amongst the many things in there you could find more obvious choices, like chocolate, tea and DVDs, but also very creative things for which the thought behind them just fills my heart with joy: ink to write love letters with, flying wish paper to post your wishes to the universe, a kaleidoscope to look at things differently (which is sometimes so muchly needed), and many many more things, each individual piece chosen with so much love and care.
Isn't this the sweetest present in the whole world? Oh and it came with a proper handwritten letter too, amazing right?

I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful mum. I'm genuinely so grateful (and obviously not just because she's pretty good at giving me presents I like). She's always there for me. I'm 23 now, and when I'm ill (like now), she checks up on me every day and makes sure I don't put too much pressure on myself, because you know when you're ill, you just really need your mum (well I do anyway, not sure that will ever go away). And I know, even if I just wanted to moan about feeling coldy at three o'clock at the moment, she'd be there on the other end of the phone for me :).

So yes, that's my little story for today. I'd love to hear some mum stories from you, like things you always did when you're a kid/that you do now or you know anything really.

P.S. I hope you all started in the new week well, did you know we passed the 100 days till Christmas mark?


No comments:

Post a Comment