Try to be alive.

Saturday, 11 January 2014

Try to learn to breathe deeply, really to taste food when you eat, and when you sleep, really to sleep. Try as much as possible to be wholly alive with all your might, and when you laugh, laugh like hell. And when you get angry, get good and angry. Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.


-            Ernest Hemingway

Font: The Skinny from dafont.com

I like this quote a lot, probably because I'm bad at doing these things, but aspire to be good. I'm not very good at being in the moment, at being mindful, but I'm working on it. I spoke about this before, and will probably speak about it again, about the need to not get distracted so much by completely insignificant things, and by that I don't mean little things, because they are sometimes worth being distracted by, but I mean the unnecessary things that just clutter up your day. I want to start doing the things I'm doing more properly, even when it's just something very mundane, like chopping vegetables or walking to the train station, all moments are worth being in them properly. I want to read again without giving in to checking my phone again, or the suddenly obviously very urgent need to moisturise my legs, but just read, so I can get sucked in by the story as much as I used to, you know?

Time moves so fast without wasting it by having your mind all over the place, so I'm truly trying to make being mindful one of my priorities, starting now.



No comments:

Post a Comment