Kaffee und Kuchen.

Monday, 31 March 2014

Last week, my baby (!) brother turned 20. I genuinely don't even have a clue how that happened, that can't mean that I'm 23 and a half now, surely. Here's a photo showing you just how cool we used to be as kids, I'll leave our coolness levels now up to your imagination.
Anyway, let's talk about birthday things, the ways birthdays are celebrated back home are one of the many things I miss in England. In Germany, we do Kaffee und Kuchen (Coffee and Cake) whenever it's someone's birthday and invite lots of friends and family for a chatter and laughter filled, relaxed afternoon. The cake is usually homemade and besides coffee and tea, my nan's also been known to demand champagne at such occasions, which I couldn't say is a bad thing either ;). 


Anyway, this year, my mum truly outdid herself, she's become this crazy baker over the past year, who doesn't shy away from all these pretty things you see on Pinterest, she recreates them and they actually look amazing (can't say that's ever happened to me unfortunately, whenever I try to recreate something from there it ends more like the latter versions here). Anyway I thought I'd share some photos, so you can all see what a talented baker my mum is and to show how many delicious things I could eat yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment