Spending Quality Time || My Grandad

Monday, 7 April 2014

When I was a child, my grandad taught me how to swim, and after a Bypass surgery, I'd go swimming with him to help him strengthen his body again after the surgery, so after all those calories we've already burnt years ago, what we do these days is go for ice-cream (well ice-cream for me and coffee for him, he's diabetic). Anyway, whilst I love being taken out for some delicious ice-cream to start with, it's made whole worlds better by having incredibly interesting conversations with my grandad. These conversations are completely different to the ones I have with my grandma, but I love them both equally. With my grandad it's more about business, how things have evolved and I tend to find these chats so inspirational, he's achieved so much in his life and I love hearing his views on things (even if they're a bit wacky at times). He also incredibly knowledgable about a vast array of subjects, which I find fascinating, I love learning things from him and/or increasing my understanding of them.

Last week we managed to go for ice-cream twice and I had a great time, one time we actually stayed for two hours chatting away, which was lovely. Although I might have to consider other pass times with him, since this might start showing on my hips a bit too much :)

Hope you're all having a good start to the week.

Love,

Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment