Spending Quality Time || My Mum

Saturday, 26 April 2014

So it's taken a while to get to the last post, but I needed a little break from blogging, because I managed to get myself a lovely little (massive) eye infection again which kind of spoiled Easter a little bit. I spent the majority of it in a dark room doing nothing, the one comfort there was this time was that I didn't only have Daniel be my little wonderful nurse (which is already a huge comfort), but also my mum there. You know, sometimes you just need your mum. Anyway I'm not meaning to talk about the things my mum and I do when I'm sick, but what we do in general.

Well, we pretty much are the Gilmore Girls. We not only love them, but there's so much we have in common with Rory and Lorelai, we have a very close relationship, speak the sarcastic language fluently, talk about everything and love evenings spent with takeaways, films and each others company! When I was younger, we'd often write each other letters when we didn't see much of each other during the day. I'd put one out for my mum at nighttime and in the morning, when I woke up, there'd always be a response waiting for me. I always really loved this little tradition and think it would be a lovely thing to do if I have a daughter of my own one day. These days when I'm home we still try to spend as much time as possible together, we go for long walks with the dogs, watch films (most recently About Time which is definitely one of my favourite films), make cake pops together (even though she's way better, it's still really fun to give them a go, you can see her cake pop adventures on her Instagram) and curl up laughing watching Modern Family (her favourite is Gloria, my current one is Lily, but it changes constantly!).
I might not live at home or even close to home anymore, but I know she's still there for me, always. I know that she'd still drop everything when something's wrong with me, and it's an incredibly good and comforting feeling to know I have a mum like this.

I have a pretty glorious family and I'm genuinely so very grateful to have them! I'd love to hear your family stories, what you get up with them, what they're like :) Either in the comments, or if you have a blog post on them, link me up.

Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. I know I posted the photo before, but it's just one of my favourites of my mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment