Photo Diary 27/07/14

Sunday, 27 July 2014









1. It's summer and the grass is green, and I'm trying to spend as much of my free time as possible outside!
2. Before going to see Daughter (N. 3 and 4) we went on a little Burrito date. I like to tell myself that as far as fast foods go, Burritos are actually pretty healthy if you focus on the 'good' things in there: Beans, Veg, Guacamole, Salsa, Lettuce etc. This one was from Burrito Mama, which I can only recommend. They have crunchy and delicious slaw in there as well. Very tasty indeed.
3. + 4. Daniel took me to see the band Daughter at Somerset House. I was worried in the day time that the weather'd be miserable (it had been storming all day), but it was as beautiful as it could have been. Somerset House is such a beautiful venue (we like to go there for iceskating before Christmas) and the band was very lovely too.
5. Like I said before, I like to spend as much time outside as possible, especially with a cup of icetea and a nice book. I know you're probably supposed to drink icetea out of a pretty Mason Jar, but you know, I do quite like mugs too.
6. + 7. Louise wrote about going to the pond in Hampstead Heath last week, and I knew I had to go there too; it looked so beautiful! Luckily I was able to persuade her to go again with me and I had the loveliest day. If you haven't been, you need to go, it's such a beautiful place and makes for what seems like a proper escape from the city - just what the doctor ordered (for me at least).
8. Ice tea - I'm living of that stuff at the moment. My favourite is Summer Berries from Twinings. I love that it tastes super fresh, but isn't full of sugar.
9. I joined a new gym yesterday and went to a Yoga class there this morning, which was actually surprisingly good for being in a gym. Any way it got me in the yoga mood (is this a thing? It is in my world), so I just played around with some poses in the garden and had a splendid time.

I hope you've had a wonderful weekend too. What have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment