Eating Out: Nama, Notting Hill

Monday, 11 May 2015

On Saturday I met my two beloved friends, Alice and Rachel, for a long overdue catch-up. We usually like to try a new place to eat when we meet up, and so once more I consulted my Wunderlist of places, I wanted to try out, and I threw three different places at them. One raw and vegan place and two more, let's say usual places (which I'm sure are delicious too and are still on my to try list). Lucky for me, after clearing up some confusion about what exactly 'raw food' is (Daniel is still insisting it's just going to Sainsbury's), they agreed to give Nama in Notting Hill a shot. 



Because of my dearest's nut allergy, I'm never going to have a great career as a vegan, and and at Nama too, my choice of things, I could have, was unfortunately quite limited, but that's ok. As per usual, I had already pretty much made up my mind before going there, I was going to have the 'Zucchini noodles with pomodoro sauce, sundried tomatoes, marinated mushrooms, caramelised onions, black olives and microherbs' (in my case minus the microherbs, I think that was the bit that unfortunately had almonds in), after seeing a photo of it on the Londoner and deciding it didn't matter that this was pretty much the only main I could have. Alice went for the same thing, and Rachel had the Mexican bowl with 'mexican chilli, guacamole, pico de gallo, chipotle cashew sour cream, mixed greens, marjoram, corn dressing, micro herbs and corn chips' (which I unfortunately didn't get a very good photo of).

The courgette tagliatelle were so incredibly delicious, I was expecting good things, but I genuinely didn't think you could create such a rich tomato sauce without cooking it down for a little while. It was so, so tasty. Oh and I will almost definitely have to invest in a spiralizer (maybe the Hemsley and Hemsley one? Do you know a good one?). I have a Julienne peeler, which is good, but it's just too much work and I am too clumsy and in danger of loosing a fingernail or two whilst using it, and so I don't use it very often. Also, because it's so much work, it's almost impossible to make it for more than 2 people.

I also had this good looking juice. But I have to say it was too much 'good' for me (parsley, celery, fennel, cucumber, ginger, lime). I think I went in slightly too much at the deep end, forgetting that I'm still at the 'juice-stage' where I have to balance out the intense stuff (parsley, celery, fennel) with at least a little bit of fruit or just not have ALL THREE in one juice. Next time. 

Overall, I loved this place and shall definitely be going back. Have you been to any cool spots in London recently that you could recommend? 

Have a great day :) 

Johanna 


No comments:

Post a Comment