On clothes

Tuesday, 2 June 2015

*Not a fair representation of my/our wardrobe, it's really a lot messier and fuller!


Over the last couple of years, I started to pay a little more attention to the things I buy, from cosmetics to appliances to clothes. I question whether I really need something now, to avoid being wasteful. Now, I'm not saying I only buy the absolute essential, nor that I'm actually being good even by my own standards, but I usually ask myself the question whether I a) really need it or b) whether I think it would make me happier, and if so, I try to go for good quality that will last a while, though I'll admit here and now that I still own for example H&M clothes, but I'm in the process of making those (and other labels too) a minority in my wardrobe. I love H&M as much as the next person, I'm just working towards finding a different balance.

I'm trying to spend more on clothes. Yes you read that correctly, more. I don't mean buying more clothes, but spending more money on good quality pieces that I will a) get a lot of wear out of and b) that I at least think have been produced fairly. I used to think that if something was really simple and plain, like a tank top or a simple long sleeve, the sort of thing I'd wear on a daily basis, it shouldn't cost much, because you know, it wasn't special. The irony of that only got to me a couple of months ago. Shouldn't the fact that I wear those on a daily basis mean the exact opposite? Shouldn't it mean that they're what I spend the most on or let me rephrase, buy the best quality (which of course isn't always synonymous) for the clothes that will be in contact with my skin for the majority of the time rather than the clothes I'll wear for one or two special occasions? I decided that I should. And boy am I glad I did, the good quality/fairly produced/slightly more expensive clothes I bought recently feel SO GOOD ON MY SKIN. It literally makes me happy several times a day. 

I know I can't make you feel it, but I'm trying to bring across, just how cozy this feels!






I am so glad there's finally brands out there that produce clothes that are not only (if that can ever be an only, it's so important, but hopefully you get what I mean) produced fairly, but also clothes that feel wonderful and that I like the look of; because, even if it's incredibly shallow, if I don't like the look of the clothes, I might buy them and feel slightly better about myself, but I wouldn't wear them, which, even if not an as grave waste, would still be a waste.

Armed Angels is my favourite brand for good looking and fair clothes at the moment. They don't have a UK site yet, but should you find yourself in Germany, I definitely recommend finding a shop that stocks some of their products (or if you're super keen, they also deliver to the UK). I could easily order for several hundred pounds from their site, but I'm just going to give you a link to my absolute favourite product from them: click. This is the top I'm wearing in the photo above and it literally feels so good. I didn't even know clothes could feel this good on my skin, and since I basically live in this top, I've bought it twice. And the best/worst is, I wasn't even going to buy it first, because it's just SO simple; in hindsight though, that's what I love most about it :)

Like I mentioned before, the concept of having a capsule wardrobe absolutely fascinates me and it's something I'd definitely like to work towards with good clothes. I'm finally admitting that I just like to live in cozy tops and that that's ok. 

Do you have any fair labels that you love? I don't really know any brands like this in the UK yet, so if you know any, I'd hugely appreciate it if you could share them with me. In the meantime, have a great day.

Love,

Johanna 

P.S. I'm also really getting into making things/clothes/accessories lately, I find it so gratifying it's unreal, but maybe I'll talk about that in another post, for now, here's a photo of me rocking the funky necklace I made a couple of weeks ago:



No comments:

Post a Comment