Things to Try Thursday - 04/06/15 Making

Thursday, 4 June 2015

Today I thought I'd give this a slightly different focus, one of hand-making things, because one, I just haven't come across that many recipes I'd like to try this week and two because I just keep finding myself incredibly excited when I come across cool patterns (which Daniel finds very entertaining, but don't you worry, I'm not going to take offence from anyone who does the same when putting their hands on a new deck of cards hehe). I learnt how to knit from Siobhan last year and haven't looked back since. I've enjoyed knitting so so much and I definitely want to continue it, but now I also want to learn more; I want to learn how to crochet and how to sew. I think the reason why I am enjoying it so much is because I recently realised that I'm an incredibly habtic person; I love feeling different materials, which is probably also why I talk about coziness so much. Anyway, I know it's not necessarily the season for knitwear, but I thought I'd put together a little Things to Try Thursday for patterns that I've come across and that I'd like to make, and I'm considering including a little 'others' section for them in my upcoming Things to Try Thursday, what do you think?

Here we go:

♥ | I love how the simple crocheting on the edges transforms these fairly simple pieces - Edged Linen Wrap & Blanket (wouldn't these blankets make the most wonderful gift for a mum-to-be?)

♥ | This seems like a perfect first sewing project, I might even attempt this without a sewing machine, or is that completely crazy? - Incredibly Simple Scarves

♥ | How cozy does this look? (I know I know, it's finally getting warm and I'm posting cozy scarves, but then you gotta make them some time so they're ready for when it gets cold, right?) - Cozy cowl

♥ | This Yoga Shawl is just dreamy. I think it'd be the sort of piece that I'd live in.

♥ | I'm actually attempting to make this one at the moment - Crochet Basket

 ♥ | I really want the crochet workshop book from Erika Knight, particularly because I want to make this Crocheted Laptop Cover and this Contemporary Clutch

I'd love to hear what you're making at the moment/what patterns/projects you've saved for making in the future :)

Have a lovely day,

Johanna

No comments:

Post a Comment