Kleine Glücksmomente - A Spontaneous 2000s Dance Off Party for Two

Wednesday, 22 July 2015


I decided to do this new little feature every now and again called 'Kleine Glücksmomente' which as you may or may not know, is German for something like 'little moments of joy' - seems pretty suitable on a blog called Joy and Laughter, don't you think.

The first one has to be about the other night, when Daniel and I got back from shopping. I think it came about, because there was some Taylor Swift song on the radio whilst we were driving, so when Daniel and I got in and started unpacking, I thought I'd put on another one to make our unpacking a little more fun - and so much more fun it got. One song led to the next and before we knew it, we were ecstatically dancing and rocking out in the kitchen. It was so much fun and completely filled me with happiness.

Here goes the playlist (leaving out the ones we ended up skipping):

1. Taylor Swift - Shake it off (of course)
2. Taylor Swift - Blank Space (stayed with the Swifty theme just a little longer)
3. Missy Elliot - Work it (Thanks to Rosie for the inspiration; she'd just published her hen do post that day)
4. Snoop Dogg ft. Pharrell - Drop it like it's hot (hahaha)
5. N.E.R.D - She wants to move (yeah she does)
6. N.E.R.D - Lapdance (not in that way though)

and we ended pretty strong:

7. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (did I ever tell you about how much I used to love Nirvana? I still love them, but thankfully I introduced some other music into my iTunes at some point)

I'd love to hear what your favourite 'burst-into-dancing' tunes are; please, please, please share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment