Things to Try Thursday - 02/07/15

Thursday, 2 July 2015

Hello beautiful people, how are you doing? I'm good now (slightly hot maybe), but I once again had a late trip to Moorfields this week because of my eye playing up, which wasn't ideal, especially not with a job interview the next morning. However, turns out, my eye and lack of sleep were the least of my worries, because I soon realised that messed up trains would be the much bigger problem. Anyway, it actually went ok, I think, and the interviewer made me more than happy when he commented on the font I'd used in my presentation; I just love it when people notice the subtle things that I spend a fair amount of time thinking about.
I'm still very excitedly working away on my new blog to be. It might not have any actual entries yet, but it does have an 'About' page, so that's something. I know I say this time and time again, but the more I read and think about employee engagement, the more I want to work in it, to use my energy to make a difference in people's work lives, so that's that. What's happening in your lives? I'd love to hear!

Anyway, let's talk about some things I came across last week that I thought were try worthy.

Food


♥ Lots of ingredients, but reads like something that my taste buds would sincerely enjoy - Veggie Burger and Pink Coleslaw

♥ Om-nom-nom - Sweet Potato & Carrot Mash Bowl (with roasted chickpeas and garlicky spinach)

♥ This sounds like I literally need it in my life (belly) right now - Grilled Sriracha Tahini Sweet Potato Skewers with Halloumi (probably my happiest find this week)

♥ Ehm, yes please! Sounds utterly delicious - Honey Ginger and Coconut Popsicles

Handmade [Other]


I really want to get back into making Lino/Rubber Stamp (and stencils too)... We did it at school, and even though I still have scars from it, I really enjoyed it (I think anyway). Here are some projects I like:

♥ This one seems super simple, but the end result looks so cool - Design Guide Paper 02 by Emma Dime

♥ I love the idea of handmaking cards, maybe an invitation to a tea party or something? - Hand Carved Stamp by Elise Joy



No comments:

Post a Comment