5 Years!

Monday, 24 August 2015


Last weekend, Daniel and I celebrated our 5 week anniversary and you know what? I did not take a single photo (because I for once actually didn't bring a camera and decided to leave my phone in the bag wahey), so instead I thought I'd pick one (many in one) of us that makes me smile when I look at it.

Anyway, I thought I couldn't not blog about this, 5 years is a pretty big milestone, and I'm very fortunate to report that I'm still so very happy with this man and so grateful to have him. He balances me so well and doesn't give me weird looks when I burst out dancing in the kitchen, but instead joins in. It's like our weirdnesses go together really well.

So on our actual celebration evening, we went for dinner at The Gate, my/our favourite restaurant, and as was to be expected, it was absolutely delightful. We had decided during the day that if the timing was right, we'd go to the cinema afterwards, but hadn't booked any tickets or anything in case it wouldn't work time-wise, and this we should soon find out led to an absolutely hilarious encounter at the cinema.
We wanted to see Trainwreck, which I'll be honest, I wasn't too sure about, but Daniel had heard good things about it. We were a little late, especially after trying very hard to find somewhere that allowed us to not pay the ridiculous parking charges, and when we finally made it to the counter, our conversation with the person there, let's call him Dave, went something like this (it's a week later, so it's not word by word, but the meaning is about the same):

Us: "Two tickets for Trainwreck please"
Dave: "Are you sure"
--- Daniel and I exchange slightly confused looks at this point, not sure whether he means because we're so late ---
Us: "Yes please"
Dave: "It's awful"
Us: "Hmm ok"
Dave: "You should see The Man from U.N.C.L.E, it's really good, much better"
--- more confusion for Daniel and me ---
Us: "I think we'll give Trainwreck a go"
Dave: *Brings up seating plan for The Man from U.N.C.L.E*
Us: "Is that for Trainwreck?"
Dave: "No, it's for The Man from U.N.C.LE, I told you Trainwreck is terrible"
Us: "Hmm, we'd still like to see it please"
Dave: "Ok, but you're wasting your money"
Us: "Sometimes we like a crappy film, we'll take our chances"
Dave: "Well, I actually know this great website where I can watch all these films for free, I watched both and The Man from U.N.C.L.E is much better. Trainwreck is really bad"
Us: "PLEASE JUST GIVE US TICKETS TO TRAINWRECK. We won't blame you if it's bad"

And then, he actually did, can you believe it? Only took us what felt like 25 minutes. We could absolutely not believe how this encounter went down and it made us laugh so hard. Also: we liked Trainwreck and laughed quite a lot; I thought it was a nice lighthearted film. Not that there is that much to get, but I think the guy at the till might just not have gotten the bit that you could get.

Have you seen the film? What did you think?

Anyway, that's the funny story of our 5 year anniversary evening. Here's to many, many more years together and many hilarious, happy, impromptu dance-off moments together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment