Let's play catch up :) AND a one-month Headspace code up for grabs

Monday, 29 February 2016


Hello, Hello, how are you? I thought it was time to catch up a little. Like I said many, many times before, I want this to blog to be a photo diary type thing (amongst other things I guess), to remind me of the sometimes quite mundane things that make my days, weeks and months enjoyable. 

For Valentines Day, Daniel and I decided to keep it quite low key and go iceskating (at Ally Pally) followed by having pizza in bed with many, many 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia', it was perfect. There may or may not have also been Oreo Brownies for dessert, who knows. We've always been pretty good at all of the eating together (healthy, not-healthy, you name it), but lately we're also becoming better at being active together, which I like a lot. In the last couple of weeks we've also been for a 1 day skiing course, and another 3 hour skiing session in preparation for our skiing holiday in Lapland. Speaking of which, if you have any recommendations for Lapland, do let me know :) Aaaand we're also planning to go bouldering some time soon. Exciting times. 

I'm also happy to report that after a long time of being a bit rubbish at actually cooking and baking things, I've become better and more spontaneous again, definitely not least because of the amazing 'a modern way to cook' cookbook; the Kale and Tomato one pot past (pictured above) is INCREDIBLE btw, so tasty and quick, it's hard to believe. Also I know that that photo is a little unclean, but I kind of like it, I think it reflects my ravenously devouring on yet another night where I didn't manage to have dinner until 9.30. Other than that, Daniel and I made some supertasty cinnamon buns (we later topped them with cream cheese icing too mmmh) and I made some soda bread one rainy Friday afternoon as well.

I'm still 100% in love with knitting, crocheting and sewing. Right now, I'm making a super simple (and super massive) scarf from the wool I bought in iceland, before re-attempting to make the mosaic pattern that was featured on Purl Soho as a loop scarf... As for sewing, I really need to make my first garment to actually wear outside (so far I've only made pyjama bottoms); I'm thinking of a simple, elastic wait, midi skirt. Once I've accomplished that, I'd just love to make the Betty Dress from SewOverIt with sleeves. 

And last but not least: yoga and mediation. Yoga is just one of the greatest things ever, isn't it (along with tea and cosy jumpers and socks)? I can't say I always feel like doing it, but I always get rewarded for doing it by feeling amazing afterwards. One thing I'm massively struggling with is 'flowing' by myself, but I guess that will come with practice. Just in case you were wondering, my favourite styles when going to a yoga studio are Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow and Yin Yoga (Yin is incredible!). Other than that, remember when I spoke about the 'small move, big change' book? The very first, small change I implemented was committing to doing at least 10 minutes of Headspace every morning before I head to the shower and I'm happy (and a bit proud) to report that I'm on a 34 day streak. It's the most obvious thing in the world, but setting a deadline that's not just EOD when I just want to fall asleep has massively helped. Are you doing Headspace? If you are, I'd love to buddy up, so do let me know if you fancy it! Other than that, they sent me a code to give to someone to try Headspace for a month as a reward for reaching a 30 day streak, so if any of you would like it, just get in touch either in the comment section or on Twitter (@Kirschplunder_). 

Have an amazing week, lovely people <3

No comments:

Post a Comment